10.24.2011

Sunday Seven 10-23-11

1. I think doctors over diagnose ADHD. What happened to little kids just being little kids? And if we're really concerned about their attention span- how about we lay off the video games. For real.

2. I can't believe this guy finished a marathon at the ripe age of 100. Latest Twitter news says he won't make Guinness Book of World Records. However, I still think he's awesome.

3. Can you believe this weather? It has been almost like summer here the past few days. Highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s. Is late October too late for it to be considered Indian Summer?

4. Speaking of amazing weather, we went to Iowa City this weekend to watch the Hawks beat the Hoosiers at Kinnick Stadium. It was PERFECT weather.






We had a great time tailgating with friends and family, new and old. Great way to spend a fall day!

5. I have high hopes of starting a new blog series- Meatless Munch of the Week. I've been trying to make a new recipe each week to keep me on the vegan/vegetarian track. Check out this week's recipe here.

6. Last Sunday, my church went to 2 services to accommodate our growing group. It's been nothing short of amazing!! I'm grateful to be part of such a loving and transformative community.

7. It's almost that time of year again....tax time!! As you may or may not know- I do taxes for H&R Block. Once January 1st hits- call the Douglas office in Urbandale and come see me! (and yes that was a shameless plug for business- help a girl out people).

What have you been up to this week? Have you attended any football games?

And I know I said a couple weeks ago how I was going to catch up on all my posts after I had promised to catch up on all my posts previously? Well we can see how well that is working out...
However- I did post a goodie last night. Take a minute to read it and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment