7.28.2013

Sunday Seven: 07-28-2013

I had high hopes of sticking to the entire #NaBloPoMo but honestly- I got a little bored of the topic prompts. And I don't want to write just to write random junk...so I took a couple days off.

I have been stockpiling a bunch of things in my Pocket and email so I wanted to share that with you today. Here's 7 genres I've been reading about lately. 
Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea or an ice cold beer...whichever strikes your fancy...and sit back and enjoy!

1. Business-y reads
  • This book, Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg, has been recommended to me by multiple people and I started reading it this week. WOW. Get yourself a copy- man or woman. I'm learning so much about my own psyche and how to conduct business and life as a female.
  • In other words, don’t stay at the job for safe salary increases over time. That will never get you where you want – freedom from financial worry. Only free time, imagination, creativity, and an ability to disappear will help you deliver value that nobody ever delivered before in the history of mankind. Read this article, take a leap and change your life.
  • I come back to this again and again. Make it tonight's homework.
  • Quit wasting time.
  • Be more productive every day.
2. Empowering reads
3. Healthy Reads
4. Jesus-y Reads
5. Plum Crazy Reads
Also, besides Lean In, I'm reading these books right now too:
God On Mute
What things have you read, stumbled upon, linked to lately that are stirring your mind and heart? What's inspiring you lately?

2 comments:

  1. It Starts With Food is the book that inspired Erik and I to pursue Paleo for awhile. We did the Whole30 Challenge (which they are doing as a big group starting in August!) and we thought it was great, but for us, not sustainable. However, we do eat a LOT less gluten, processed foods and the like in favor of gluten-free or even grain-free foods, lots of organic foods, etc. We have two Paleo cookbooks that we use pretty religiously and love. I guess we are 80/20 but I've never really figured out the percentages. Needless to say, whole food rocks and I eat as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Allison! I eat a very whole foods diet now- but I'm really interested to hear about why they eliminate grains and legumes. Should be interesting!

      Delete