7.26.2013

Five Minute Friday: Broken

It's been a busy week.
One of those weeks where I never quite got my schedule down well and I've been running around.
It's also been a fun week.
One full of big city events, home parties and coffee dates. 

And it's not over! 
I have the day off work today to get some solo time with my youngest nephew- berry picking! 
Definitely looking forward to it. 

But before I do, I wanted to do a little Five Minute Friday with the ladies over at Lisa Jo Baker's blog.
Everyone is linking up on the facebook page so be sure to check it out!

The rules: 
1. Write for 5 minutes.
2. No stopping. No editing. (you can spellcheck at the end!)
3. Link up. Share. Read.

Today's word: BROKEN

In the Christian community, the word 'broken' is used a lot. 
Maybe a little overused, in my opinion.
To me, if something causes you to be 'broken', it's pretty severe. 
It just tears you to the core. Something that just can't shake. It's going to take you a long time to recover. 
I don't know that I've experienced something bad enough in my life to say that I've been 'broken.'
And I've been through my fair share of crap- bad relationships, a divorce, financial woes, loss of loved ones, etc. 
Maybe I'm just hardened to the world. Could that be the same?
There have been times during church or when I've been reading my bible that I've been just overwhelmed with emotion at the enormity of what Jesus did for me. THAT has rocked me to my core. It has overwhelmed and encouraged me all at once.
But it didn't break me. 
Jesus is the healer of the broken. The sewer of the torn. 

Hmm.
Interesting word today. I really struggled with where to take it. 
Can't wait to read what everyone else has to say.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment