7.14.2013

Mixed Emotions (NaBloPoMo #10)

In an effort to be more intentional about my writing and to really work on strengthening my skills, I'm participating in Blogher's NaBloPoMo for July.
The theme is CONNECT. 
Everyday, I'm going to write based on the prompts and share it here and on Blogher. 
I would love to hear any and all feedback from you.


Today's (well Friday's actually) prompt: How do you feel when you are unconnected to the Internet?

I have a love/hate relationship with the internet.

I love seeing what's happening with my friends and family. I love sharing my life with others. I like that the ability to look up a random Saved by the Bell clip (Jesse Spano on caffeine pills, anyone?) is right at my fingertips  I can look up recipes, historical events and how much it costs to purchase a bike rack for my car in mere seconds. I think the internet is amazing. 

Also, I think the internet can be invasive. 
And overwhelming.
I go on and off twitter because the sheet amount of information available just sort of boggles my mind. I literally feel like my head is spinning if I spend too much time on there. 
Sometimes, when I see people, I'll start telling them something and they'll say 'Yeah, I saw your instagram/facebook post/tweet.' And then the conversation just feels weird. 

How do you feel when you aren't connected to the internet? Free? Or sort of lonely? 
Right now, I'm off to enjoy some internet free time with my favorite.
Happy Sunday ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment