4.16.2013

Ten for Tuesday

1. I didn't do a Sunday Seven this week because I was at the tax office all weekend. But you know that means? Tax season is officially OVER. And I can go back to being #1joblady.

2. I still can't believe what happened yesterday at the Boston Marathon. It's heart-breaking and terrifying and  just plain evil. Pray for the victims, their families, the medical personnel, the investigation and most of all- for humanity. We are a people that seriously need saving.

3. I made Nicbars. My version of a Larabar. You're welcome.

4. It's looked like this for days around here.


Where the heck is spring?? It's cold, windy and yucky. 


At least the green popping up gives us hope it will eventually warm up!

4. I tried this as a warm-up before my Spartacus workout yesterday:


Um yeah.
 I only did half and I thought I was going to puke. HA. 
Thanks Julie! It's a goal now to get through this entire thing with no breaks. 

5. Today I had the opportunity to hear the CEO of my company speak to over 2000 of our team members here in Des Moines. It was really cool. Reminds me how lucky I am to work for an ethically sound and caring company. Also, he's from the Twin Cities. Midwest represent!

6. Once, with my friend Jane, I had this cheese called Fromager D'Affnois (super frenchy sounding). 



Anyway, it's a creamy delicious white cheese that has the consistency of butter and I was super stoked to find it at my favorite local grocery store. 

Which means for breakfast on Sunday I made this:

Pretty much the best sandwich ever. 

7. I am finding that I have more free time on my hands now that I'm not doing social media for the next couple weeks. Which means I am 30 pages away from finishing War & Peace. Believe it. I read almost 500 pages this weekend.

8. We are doing a series on marriage, sex and singleness at church right  now. It's super fascinating and timely for me. Tomorrow, T and I start premarital counseling. I'm so thankful for our small group and the open and honest discussions we can have. It really is a blessing. 

9.  In 3 short weeks I'll be running the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati with my friend Kim. I'm so excited! I definitely need to start researching the best local coffee and eats in town. :)

10. Coming up with 10 things is harder than I thought. So I'll leave you with this quote from our small group study guide:

“When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly 
dearest better than I do now.” - CS Lewis


Happy Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment