4.13.2013

Five Minute Friday: Here

When you give up social media, you get a little out of the loop and completely space off stuff you normally do.
Like Five Minute Friday.
Instead, Six Minute Saturday?

Either way, I'm joining in.

The rules per Lisa Jo:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Today's word: HERE

I'm here. -Me
Be here now. -Ray LaMontagne
Lord, be with us here. - Prayer

I wonder how many times a day I use the word 'here'?
Often, I'm referencing my physical presence. 'I'm here', I IM T when I get to work. 'Hey, can you come here for a second?' I ask my co-worker when I want them to come to my desk.
As much as I may be 'here' in a physical sense, I think my mind is often anywhere but here.

I spend time in the morning reading the Bible and doing my devotion and I have to consciously remind myself to just be here.
I read out loud so I can stay focused and engaged. I pray out loud and ask the Lord to be here with me. To listen to me and hear my words.

When T and I have date night, I look at his face and watch his lips when he talks and try to just be here with him. Really listening versus just planning what I'm going to say next.

Here is a relative term.
You may be somewhere in body, but are you really here?

And because I immediately thought of this song...

Here With Me- The Killers

Wheels are turning; I remember when you were mine.
Now just to reach you, baby I'd stand in line.
But there's another world you're living in tonight.
And there's another heart that's fading in the light.

Don't want your picture on my cell phone. I
 want you here with me.
Don't want your memory in my head, no.
I want you here with me.

Spent the summer just laying out in the sun.
Time seems to move so slowly, When you're taking it as it comes.
Maybe we were just too young.
Your body was tan and your hair was long.
You shot me a smile and my cares were gone.
When falling in love filled my soul with fright.
You said, “Come on baby, it'll be all right.”
I must've been a fool to the bitter end.
Now I hold on to hope to have you back again.
I’d bargain and I’d fight.
But there's another world you're living in tonight.
Don't want your picture on my cell phone.
I want you here with me.
Don't want your memory in my head, no.
I want you here with me.
Well, I saw you in a restaurant, the other day, And instead of walking towards you, I ran away. (Ran away)
 
And I’ll keep on waiting for you – For you to come around, come around and say:
“I don't want your picture on my cell phone. I want you here with me. Don't need those memories in my head, no. I want you here with me.”
Ohhhhh Ohhhhhhohhhhohhh (Here with me) Ooooohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhh Ohhhhhhohhhhohhh

 [ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/here-with-me-lyrics-the-killers.html ]
 
You're welcome.
Now go download the greatest album of all time and thank me later.
 
Happy Saturday friends.

3 comments:

  1. Your six-minute Saturday made me laugh (and then you could do seven-minute Sunday if you're really behind like I've been a few times! Ha!)

    So true about how often we say "here" - I hadn't thought about that. And how true that so often we say we are, or think we are, and yet our minds wander elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've even done it on Monday. HA
      Thanks for stopping by- it's so fun to 'meet' via FMF. :)

      Delete
  2. Im glad you stopped by! :)

    ReplyDelete