4.05.2013

Five Minute Friday: After

I'm so excited to joining Five Minute Friday again. At least joining in a timely manner. :)

I love joining here with another group of writers and weaving words and thoughts just for the love of writing. I love reading what other people have to say about the word of the day and discovering how our diverse backgrounds influence our thoughts and words.

Whether you are a writer or not, Fridays are so much better when you join up with Lisa Jo Baker and the wordsmiths of Five Minute Friday.

The rules:
1. Lisa Jo posts a word on her blog that is the theme of Five Minute Friday.
2. Write for 5 minutes on that word. No editing. No agonizing over each sentence. (you can spell check after though).
3. Post on your blog and link up with all the other writers on the blog.

Today's word:

AFTER

I got up this morning and had a big glass of water.
After that, I read the bible and said a quick prayer.
After that, I heated up old coffee and took my dog for her morning potty break.
After that, I lifted weights in my basement gym. 
After that, I got that same dog on her leash and we walked for a morning chai latte and stroll through the art park just down the street.

After that I will eat, shower, and head to work.

All the while I will be wondering what I will be doing after I get off work. After I get home. After I check the mail.
Oftentimes I find myself living in the after. Planning for what comes next after the toils and to-dos of this day are over. What happens after I turn 30? What happens after my lease is up? What happens after we get married?

There is a saying that about the present being a gift. I tend to forget that TODAY is happening while I'm always living in the future, wondering about after. 

Today, while the sun is shining and birds are chirping and spring is in the air, I'm going to forget all about the after. I'm going to live in today- enjoying each second as it occurs. 
I don't want to look back years from now and think 'Why was I so worried about what happens after?'

Stop.

I really like this word today.
I have an inclination that many of us will be writing about not living in the moment as much as we should. In this hustle and bustle world we live in, it's nice to just take a break from planning and mapping out each step and just BE.


Take a deep breath readers.




It's Friday. And the sun is shining. :)

I hope you take some time to enjoy living in the moment today!

7 comments:

  1. Nicely stated. Carpe diem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Hope you had a fantastic Friday :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for the reminder to not spend so much time thinking of the next thing, of not spending all thought in the after. I needed this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Glad I could help. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Amen, live in today. My goal as well! Good reminder. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really liked your post on seeing what comes after hard times- great reminder. :)

      Delete
  4. nice word/work. encouraged by your simply stated call to live - NOW!

    ReplyDelete