3.24.2013

Sunday Seven 3-24-2013

It's been a quiet, snowy Sunday around here.
I ran a quiet and steady 6 miles before church this morning.

Total of 25 miles for this week

I baked some delicious Irish Soda Bread, prepped meals for the week and went on a little clean and purge.

Delicious with a small tab of sweet cream butter

Soup for dinners, rice/veggies/black bean burgers for lunch, overnight oats
It's been a nice day, good ending to a pretty good week:

1. I got my first Voxbox in the mail this week!


So far I've tried the Nectresse all-natural sweetener, the Dickinson's witch hazel wipes and the BelVita breakfast biscuits. So far, I'm really enjoying trying out these products. Thanks to Influenster for sending me the items to try!

2. This was my first Tuesday night off since January.

Yum- Stout beer. 

I enjoyed a little happy hour and chatting with this guy. It's been a long time since we had Tuesday night date night!

3. We got to have a lovely birthday dinner with my mom and sisters

She got a GIANT cookie skillet at the restaurant so I made her pose. :)

Look how tiny baby Gwen looks with Aunt Amy!

I'm not sure what she thinks of me, but I like cuddling her. :)
4. NCAA wrestling tournament was in town this weekend.

T and I volunteered to serve at the IA Craft Brew Tent


We stood in the cold for 6+ hours selling 16 oz beers to a bazillion beefy, squatty, cauliflowered-ear guys. It was pretty entertaining actually.

5. Saturday was a great day: race, relaxing and a birthday party for a friend.

I got 6th in my age group!

Post run oatmeal

Amazing donut cake, cute kids and cool guy. Happy 30th Wayde!

My 2 item makeup routine even worked out perfectly Saturday night. 

6. Screen shots I love from this week:

This made me laugh

Great picture, great quote. 

This sounds fantastic

I love this shot. Mornings are my favorite. 
7. Did you know that Google Reader is going away? I'm sort of irritated about that. Probably because I am 1000 blog posts behind and I don't think I'll be caught up by July. Ha! But I think I'm going to switch over to Feedly. What about you?

How was your week? Did you watch any March Madness? Do any power reading to clear out your Google Reader?


2 comments:

  1. I switched to Feedly this week - I really like it. It's taken a bit of finagling to find a layout that works for me, but it's so pretty - I'm kind of glad I was forced to switch.

    And congrats on the race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback on Feedly. I haven't completely switched yet. And thanks!! It was a fun race. :)

      Delete