3.28.2013

More About Me: The Liebster Award

Just a couple of weeks ago, my dear friend Barbie nominated me for the prestigious Liebster Award!
(sidenote: According to Barbie, this award is one 'fellow bloggers give to boost confidence and give props,  of sorts.' I'm just grateful to be picked to share!)

Here is how this whole thing goes down!

The Rules:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. You must write eleven facts/things/tidbits about yourself.
3. You must answer eleven questions that were given to you from your nominator.
4. You must nominate eleven other bloggers who have 200 or less followers and tag them in your acceptance post.
5. You must create eleven new questions for your nominees to answer in their acceptance post.
6. You must notify your eleven nominees on their blog, so they can accept their award and pay it forward.
7. You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
8. After all of this is complete, you may add the Liebster Award Button to your blog.
So here goes:
Thank you Barbie for nominating me for this award! I'm looking forward to sharing some stuff about me (like you don't already know everything on this here blog...) and also answering your questions. They are good ones. :)
Stuffs about me:
1.  I never used to paint my nails, 'do' my hair or wear makeup. In the past few years all of that is changed. I'm getting girlier in my old age.
2. I like lace. A lot. This is a new-to-me obsession.
3. When I was in 5th grade I won the spelling bee. I do not remember the winning word. I do remember my losing word was 'orchestra' in 4th grade.
4. Recently, I decided that if given the opportunity to be a homesteader- I would. Stay home and cook and garden and create all day. I would write novels and have fresh baked bread ready at all times. Ahhh.
5. I'm a city girl. Love the city. Oddly contrasting to number 4. I think you can be a homesteader in the city though.
6. I used to be really afraid of cemeteries. Like hyperventilate if I had to go in one for a funeral. Now, one of my favorite running routes is through a cemetery. I find it so peaceful.
7. I had a scary experience on a plane last year and now I get a little nervous each time I fly. I'm hoping it is a phase that will wear off because someday I want to travel the world.
8. Besides running for miles and miles, the kitchen is where I work off stress. There is a rhythm and satisfaction in cooking a meal or baking some delicious from start to finish.
9. I expect and gladly anticipate that 5 years from now my life will look quite differently.
10. When I was a kid and would get mad at my parents, I'd stuff a bunch of clothes in my pillowcase and threaten to run away. My mom would let me wander around the block but I'd always come back. I didn't know if I could live off leaves and twigs. I like food too much.
11. I'm sort of a conundrum- I'm a coffee-drinking, intellectual, Christian who likes crude humor, whiskey and tattoos. Makes perfect sense. :)
Questions from Barbie:
1.  Three items that you would be lost without on a deserted island.
Bible, Lotion and Writing things

2.  The color and make of your dream automobile.
Rolls Royce. Suicide Doors. Blacked out. Driver. Me in the backseat.

3.  Your favorite random memory from growing up.
Playing Yahtzee with my dad and sisters. It drove my mom crazy with all the noise. HA

4.  Is your happy place on a beach, on a trail in the woods, or on a boat?  why?
Hmmm...this changes for me. I love the water- beaches and boats. But I'm learning that mountains and trails are also calming to my soul. Can I say both?

5.  The reason that you started blogging.
An old journal and Thai food fortune told me so.

6.  Your idea of a perfect morning.
Today! I got up and read my #shereadstruth, had a great run with a friend, then we had great conversation over hot oats and coffee. Yoga and shower. Better would have been no work and hours writing in the coffeeshop. :)

7.  Ice cream…best invention, and favorite flavor?
Oh ice cream. Yum. Anything cake batter.

8.  Do you have a favorite book?
It used to be 'White Oleander' by Janet Finch. But it's been so long since I read that book I don't know if I still feel the same. I'm a big fan of James Frey and Jodi Picoult. Again- varied interests.

9.  What color would you dye your hair if you were unafraid of any consequences (chatter, job, etc.)
Purple. I love the color, plus I think it would awesome with my brown eyes and darker complexion.

10.  What is your favorite social media platform?
Instagram. Photography is my favorite.

11.  Favorite number, and why.
8.
My birthday is the 17th. 1+7=8
T and my anniversary is on October 8th.
His birthday is on the 18th.
It's an even number.
I'm a weirdo.

Here are my nominees!

Holly from Girl with the Camo Heels
Deena from 6monthsto100K
Courtney from LivewithLess
Dannette from Chillmoms
Sarah from In Lak'ech Mexico
Kimberly from ThisHealthyEndeavor
Lisa from Lisa Yarns
Mackenzie from Classy Girls Don't Kiss in Bars, You fool
Erin from SoZealous
Mandy from Leaming Log
Emily from Emily Sparkles


Questions for nominees:

1. What is your favorite thing about your personality?
2. Are you a cat or dog person and why?
3. If you had to pick one item of clothing to wear everyday from your current wardrobe, what would it be?
4. What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of and why?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
6. What is the weirdest dream you've ever had? (that you can remember)
7. Name your top 3 favorite songs.
8. Most loathed food.
9. Something you could get lost for hours doing.
10. Sun or snow?
11. A person that has changed your life and why.

Hope you enjoy this readers and fellow bloggers!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you did this! I love learning new things about my friends. :) My favorites are #11 (conundrum whom I TOTALLY relate to), and James Frey. LOVED both a million pieces and the other one (i can't remember the name?!?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird, my computer is having issues.

    I second number 11! I like all of those things. Must be a conundrum as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks for tagging me! My dream automobile would involve a driver and me in the backseat as well. I HATE driving!

    ReplyDelete