2.08.2013

Five Minute Friday: Bare

Thank The Lord it's Friday.
2 days to recoup, recover and rest from the insane hustle, bustle and craziness that was this week.
And 5 minutes before bed to write your heart out.



BARE

I put it all out there.
I'm not a fan of sugar-coating, beating around the bush or skirting the issue.
What you see is want you get.

I bare it all- my heart, my soul, my dreams, my fears- laid out for all to see.

Exposed.
Desolate.
Vulnerable.

I have been there too.
In situations I didn't intend to be in or I readily chose only to regret later.
But even then- I've put my sins out there- laid out for all to see.
Words of shame and regret pulling out of my mouth.
Admissions like bare skin exposed to the hot rays of the sun.


Well 5 minutes was up before I really could wrap up a good thought here- but 'bare' is such a heavy word- so many different emotions associated with it.

What does 'bare' make you think of?


Don't forget to link up over at Lisa Jo's

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! Visiting from FMF with Lisa-Jo! Just wanted to let you know I love this vulnerable confession in poetic form. I love the images you created (especially in those last two lines). Thankful to have stumbled across a fellow blogger who values and embraces vulnerability! Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love ow FMF brings out whatever is on my mind at that point. :)

      Delete