1.18.2013

Five Minute Friday: Cherished

The weekend is upon us.
I'm looking forward to date night with T (Thai food and movies!) plus church and fellowship and hanging out with friends.
It's been a busy week!

One of my favorite parts of the end of the week is FMF!

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. That is like the one rule we all really care about. For reals.
Fingers ready?

Today's word is: Cherished

To be 'cherished' is to hold something close to your heart. A memory. A person. An object of affection. It's to look fondly upon something or someone, reveling in the love and admiration you have for them.
I often think of 'cherished' as an 'old-timey' word. An adjective worthy of the soothing vocals of a jazz singer of yore. Or of a young child and their doll, the way it will never leave their side- often held on to tightly day and night.
To me, cherishing someone is the most beautiful way to love. To hold someone is esteem so high they are closest to your heart. That to think of them is to feel your heart swell with love and adoration.
I cherish my husband to be. And all the memories we have made and will make.
I cherish my God, the way he also cherishes me- holding me up, adoring me, remembering me with love.

This was a hard word for me...not something I use in my regular vocabulary that's for sure.
What feelings does the word 'cherish' evoke for you?

Give FMF a try and link up over at Lisa Jo Baker's blog.

11 comments:

  1. I agree with that..."cherished" is not something we use a lot. Great to think about God cherishing us though for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I think it's going to be a word I'm going to use more of.

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I like the idea of esteem and cherish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful word in my opinion. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. It's not used often but I love how you've captured the essence of it here in all the ways our hearts cling and hold tight. Nice write, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Alia! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Nicely written! Thanks for visiting today and thanks for the compliment too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was hard for me to think of something to write about this word too! But you did it so beautifully! Thank you for your lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete