11.08.2012

Thankful Thursday

Can you believe Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away??
Where did the time go?

With the holiday season fast approaching, I always starting thinking more about all the things I'm so grateful for to have in my life.

A week ago today, I mentioned how I joined up with Amanda (my Influence Conference roomie) for #30daysofthanksgiving. So if you follow me on twitter or Instagram, you have been seeing all the little (peanut butter!!) and big (rights to vote!!) things I'm thankful for.

Lately, all the things I've wanted in life seem to be falling into place:

I got engaged to the man of my dreams and couldn't be happier about it.
I have a great job and the opportunities are opening up.
I have an amazing group of friends - people that I feel proud and so incredibly appreciative of their presence in my life.
I have a big, dsyfunctional (in the best way), crazy family I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.
I am mentally, physically, emotionally and financially able to do things I love: run, write, read, knit, travel, cook...the list goes on.
I have found Jesus and a community of believers that feed my soul daily.

It's all pretty amazing.

What else could a girl want?

Maybe this seems like too simple of a 'thankful' post.
Maybe you think that I'm gloating.
I'm not.

From thee bottom of my heart- I'm just incredibly happy and really sincerely grateful for all the good things in my life. I know that I'm where I am today because of hard work, perseverance and a whole lotta grace.

 
So I want to hear what things in your life seem to have just fallen into place perfectly?
What things make you feel like the luckiest girl/guy in the world?

Comment here and then check out all the links over at Amanda's blog
Aaaaand....don't forget to follow me on twitter and instagram for daily #30daysofthanksgiving! (user name: nicmarie17)

2 comments:

  1. This is probably the best "thankful" post I've read. (That's high praise) ;) But in all seriousness, it's really refreshing to just see what you're thankful for, out there, plain and simple. I *may* rip off this concept closer to Thanksgiving...;)

    I am thankful to have read it, and to be your friend. I am thankful that after 3 weeks (literally) of being sick/fighting infection/etc., I am finally feeling well enough to turn a normal routine back on. Mostly - obviously didn't make this morning...;)

    Love you!

    -emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Em- thanks friend. I thought of a zillion long drawn out things I could write about, but honestly- THIS is what I'm thankful for- having this opportunity to share and people like you in my life.
      ALSO- so glad you are healing friend. As for routines- I haven't been up before 6:30 AM all week...including today. HA
      Love ya back. :)

      Delete