11.06.2012

A Historic Moment

It's Election Day, friends.
And like most Americans, I exercised my right to vote this morning at the local community center.


Today's experience felt a little different though.

Last night, the POTUS was in my state.
In my city.
Mere blocks from my house.

And for the first time in my life, I was able to see the President of the United States IN PERSON.

These pictures may not be that great (Iphone and 5000 people away) but I have to tell you it was one of the coolest experiences of my life! I have never felt so moved by patriotism and love of my country. The way the people came together and hearing Barack Obama speak is something I'll never forget!

So here you go....a brief picture post of my very first political rally:

Representin': 'Iowans: The Few, The Proud, The Extremely Attractive'
 

Walking toward the rally- there were so many BRIGHT lights

Waiting in the metal detector line....

Through the line- Secret Service and K-9s

Our first position- only able to sorta see the jumbotron.

Then somehow we got waved up closer! I think it was my Obama button. T's convinced it was his patriotic Adidas (I didn't get a picture but they are blue with red stripes).

The crowds of 40,000 all around us. Noticed all the space we had on the outside of the fence. Like I mentioned- somehow we were waved into a special area.
 
Pretty excited about how close we got to be without a special 'ticket'

Bruuuuuuuuuce!

The First Lady

Everyone 'getting fired up' for Obama

The President of the United States!!



I've never been a super political person....and by that I mean I never listened to the debates, never really paid attention. Didn't care that much.
This election has been a little different.
I listened to the audio cast of each debate.
I talked to my friends and family.
I read up on the candidates.
I thought about what issues were just a 'no-brainer' for me with each candidate.
And today, I made an informed, personal choice when casting my ballot.

 Displaying my sign for Election Day
 



 
Regardless of how you voted today, or how the election turns out, I hope each and everyone of you had the opportunity to make your voice HEARD.
 
GOD BLESS AMERICA

1 comment: