11.23.2012

Five Minute Friday: Thank You

Today is a little late edition of Five Minute Friday.
I've been enjoying my day off: did a little workout, shopping, novel writing and knitting. I love having a day off to do all the things I like to do- I'm a girl who's all about her hobbies. :)

And now for today: Thank You

It seems awfully fitting that the day after Thanksgiving FMF is 'Thank You.'
It's odd when I think of 'Thank You'- I don't think of the Thanksgiving holiday.

I think of all the times day in and day out when I say 'Thanks' to a co-worker or 'Thank You' to someone opening the door for me.

Often, I don't think I say 'Thank You' enough.
Or when I say it- it's out of habit or manners and not completely out of sincerity.

If I was saying 'Thank You' and really meaning it, I'd say:

Thank You to my parents for raising me up to be grateful for what I have and what I've worked for.
Thank You to my extended family for keeping in touch and remaining a part of my life.
Thank You to my friends for texting or calling occasionally just to say 'Hey- I've been thinking about you.'
Thank You to the men and women who serve my country everyday- you provide a freedom and safety that not many in the world have and often I don't think to recognize.
Thank You to Jesus for carrying my burden and blessing me everyday with your love.

To me, thank you is about recognition- the little and big things that make life so sweet.

What does Thank You mean to you? Do you think of Turkey Day or manners?

Try out 5 minute Friday on your own, then head over to Lisa-Jo Baker's blog and check out what Thank You means to others.

4 comments:

  1. Visiting from FMF. Good for you for taking a day of. I am a hobby-loving, knitting fanatic person as well. When I saw your blog's name I immediately wanted to let you know that even if you were the only person walking this earth, our Lord Jesus would still have come to save you. This is how much He loves you!
    Much love to you
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia- thanks s much for stopping by. Sounds like we have a lot n common! I love your comment- whole new meaning to EvenMe!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nic,

    I'm definitely learning that "thank you" is an action...more than just words.

    Best,
    Raki

    ReplyDelete