6.10.2012

Sunday Seven 6-10-12

I just got back from spending a couple days in one of my favorite midwest cities- KCMO!
But...it's no DSM.



Here are 7 reasons why I LOVE living in downtown Des Moines:

1.The downtown skyline.





This view of downtown coming in from the southwest is my favorite.

2. Taking Roxy on walks in the Western Gateway neighborhood.

We walk all over downtown, but I particularly love the sculpture park with it's lush green grasses and amazing art.


I'm pretty sure Roxy likes the library best. At least drinking the water out of the wading pools.


3. I can park my bike in my living room.

True story. Perk of downtown living and cement floors.

4. I'm part of the restoration.
My loft building is an old building that has been repurposed. I love that it's old and new at the same time. All over the city I can see where buildings and neighborhoods are being restored. I like being a little part of that.

5. I have a new favorite spot. When I'm home, I spend almost all my time here.

It's my favorite spot to read, write and watch my AppleTV.

6. Everything is within my reach. I can walk to the Farmer's Market, the library, local coffee shops, and my favorite bars and restaurants. I can plan running routes that are urban or catch the trail at Grays Lake. I can hop right on the extensive bike trail system and take a ride all over town. I love being at the center of the hustle and bustle.

7. And of course- I get to be super close to this guy.

I dig being his neighbor. :)

What do you love about where you live?

2 comments:

  1. I moved to downtown Minneapolis last July and absolutely love it. I love that I can walk to work, the grocery store, target, and church. I love that I rarely drive my car. I love that I am close to miles up on miles of biking and running paths. And I love my downtown view!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on all of it!! The only place I can't walk to is work...but hope I can change that in the next year or so! Urban living is where it is at. :)

      Delete