But...it's no DSM.
Here are 7 reasons why I LOVE living in downtown Des Moines:
1.The downtown skyline.
2. Taking Roxy on walks in the Western Gateway neighborhood.
I'm pretty sure Roxy likes the library best. At least drinking the water out of the wading pools.
3. I can park my bike in my living room.
4. I'm part of the restoration.
5. I have a new favorite spot. When I'm home, I spend almost all my time here.
6. Everything is within my reach. I can walk to the Farmer's Market, the library, local coffee shops, and my favorite bars and restaurants. I can plan running routes that are urban or catch the trail at Grays Lake. I can hop right on the extensive bike trail system and take a ride all over town. I love being at the center of the hustle and bustle.
7. And of course- I get to be super close to this guy.
What do you love about where you live?