2.06.2012

Superbowl Monday Sunday 7 2-5-12

I heard that the day after the Superbowl is one of the least productive work days of the year. Someone also told me they are considering making it a national holiday...which I wouldn't mind at all.

1. Did you watch the Superbowl? I have to say- the game was pretty boring. However, I think Madge ROCKED the halftime show.



source

For 53 years old, she looks pretty amazing. And still knows how to captivate an audience! I got chills during 'Like A Prayer'. Great song.

2. In the beginning of the week, we had beautiful weather. 65 degrees for days in a row. I got to use my new moonroof.

3. Then on Friday night it got cold and the first major snow of the winter came.


It was wet and slushy, then froze (luckily after the roads were clear). Absolutely gorgeous. The kind of snow dusted everything we wished would have been here at Christmas.

4. Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy much of the nice weather. And fortunately, I got to avoid most of the crappy weather. Between my two jobs, last week I worked somewhere around 80 hours.

5. But I was able to squeeze in some time with friends and family! Last week I had lunch with my friend Jenny- dim sum at Kwong Tung on Ingersoll Avenue.


The rice cooked in bamboo leaves is my favorite!!

I also had breakfast with my aunt and Grandma at Smokey Row where I started my day with one of these.


So good. If you haven't tried one of their cinnamon rolls- you are missing out.

And I even squeezed in a little date night with my favorite person, T.


This is at my aunt's house- her dog just crawled up in his lap and got comfy.

We had dinner at Americana. They added some stuff to their menu since last time we were there. I had a mushroom, goat cheese and truffle honey panini.

I highly recommend it. I even saved half to heat up the next day and was still amazing.

Last but not least, I had a special visitor to the tax office.


She'll wear my hat now. And she likes to clap her mittens together. So. stinking. cute.

6. I did a little rearranging around the house this week too.




Now I have a reading nook, an eating nook and an office nook. Apparently, I like nooks.

7. This week T had a little health scare, but I'm happy to report he is healthy and well! On a related health note, I got back my life insurance blood results and my cholesterol has gone down 20 points since I quit eating meat. I think another testament that eating green is amazingly good for you. I feel blessed that both T and I are healthy and well.

Workouts
Monday- Resistance Training. Run 4 mi 36:48
Tuesday- Kickboxing
Wednesday- Hot Yoga (LOVED it- definitely going back)
Thursday- Run 4.03 mi 36:52
Friday- Resistance Training
Saturday- Run 2.4ish (early- before the snow started!)
Sunday- Ran inside on the treadmill. 5 miles HARD. Felt great. After working so much the release was just what I needed. Full 5 minute walk cool-down.


So that's it. A week full of work. And eating. Just like any other week!!

What did you do this week? Did you watch the Superbowl? Which commercial did you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment