11.21.2011

Meatless Munch 3: Kale and Potato Enchiladas

I got this recipe from my friend's wife, Rhea. She started a vegan kickstart right around the same time I did and found this recipe on Epicurean Vegan.
I followed it to the way the Epicurean Vegan did it, except I didn't peel my potatoes. Partly because the skin is supposed to be good for you and partly because these were CSA potatoes that were so tiny I was going to cut the crap out of my fingers if I tried to peel them...so....skins stayed ON.

First, I got my cooking area ready.
And then chopped and got the stuff going for the sauce.




My favorite part of this recipe was the homemade enchilada sauce. It was soooo good.

This was also my first time using soy cheese. I have to say- it melted up pretty much like regular cheese.




These turned out pretty tasty. It was quite a bit of work and I ended up with a ton of leftovers....which I ended up throwing some out because I couldn't make them all in time.

I think I would make these again, but instead of potatoes, use smashed black beans with the kale. I'm not a huge fan of white potatoes- they upset my tummy.

Overall- 3 out of 5 for me.

Get the full recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment