9.05.2011

Sunday Seven 9-4-11

1. I got my boot off!!!! I went to the doctor Friday and he said I could quit wearing the boot and ease back into activities. No running or jumping for at least another month but I'm not complaining! I took Roxy on a walk and I rode my bike to church downtown yesterday and back. It was absolutely lovely.

2. Football has begun. At least college football. The Hawkeyes kicked butt Saturday in a very soggy season opener against Tennessee Tech.

3. I've decided to start each day with my Daily Top 3.  I got the idea from this article from Whole Living. Starting each day with a list of 3 things that you will accomplish helps narrow down your focus and provides feelings of accomplishment.

4. Vegan Eating. I made a Lentil Ratatouille this week for lunch/dinner and it turned out delicious! Lentils paired with tons of healthy veggies all steamed together in a stew of sorts.

5. Book Club. Tuesday night I went on a date with my book club girls to see The Help starring Emma Stone and Viola Davis. It was a great movie!! They stayed very true to the book and the typecasting was perfect.
I also read, in about 24 hours, our book for September- The Room.


source

This book was unlike anything I had ever read and was a gripping story of courage and love. I can't wait to discuss it with the book club gals!!

6. The official end of summer. To me, Labor Day weekend always marks the end of summer. It's the last major summer holiday. Kids are back in school. The weather is cooling off. Days are getting shorter. I'm not complaining though. I'm ready for chili, football and hoodies! :)

7. 3 day weekend. Labor Day Monday also means an extra day off work. I've spent it doing anything but working and just enjoying the freedom of an extra day of relaxing.

In 1898, Samuel Gompers, head of the American Federation of Labor, called Labor Day "the day for which the toilers in past centuries looked forward, when their rights and their wrongs would be discussed...that the workers of our day may not only lay down their tools of labor for a holiday, but upon which they may touch shoulders in marching phalanx and feel the stronger for it."

How have you enjoyed your 3 day weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment