8.03.2011

Sunday Seven 7-24-11



1. GIM Maintenance Challenge. I signed up for a 4 week challenge with all the other 5:15'ers at Goals In Motion. I did the challenge last December and lost a few lbs and quite a bit of body fat. However, it's easy to slip back into old habits...so this mini-challenge is just the boost some of us needed!! I had a great weigh in so I'm hoping that the ending results are good too!

2. Horrible Bosses.T and I went to see Horrible Bosses for our Tuesday night date night. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S. Neither one of us can stop from dropping one-liners from that movie...'I just want to bend her over a barrel and show her the fifty states...' Go see it. It won't disappoint.


3. The Hunger Games I read this book series in a week. It's Twilight-aged drama with a futuristic and violent twist. And they're making it into a movie. Needless to say, I'm stoked.

4. I saw on Kath Eats that her and her husband opened a Great Harvest in their town. I didn't realize they served lunch foods besides fresh bread. We have 2 in Des Moines, so I stopped by our local Great Harvest Bread Des Moines for lunch.



 It was spacious and clean and their menu was pretty extensive for a bread store!!


I particularly liked their bread shelf with all the fresh breads to try...including a large selection of nutbutters!

I ordered a Tuscan Chicken Panini with a cookie and an apple. Deeeeelicious.
The best part of the lunch is when the owner stopped by and said 'Sorry to bother, but I'm wondering...why are you taking pictures of your food?' I said, 'So I can blog about it.'
And he said 'Well in that case, carry on!' :)

5. This article made me laugh. This part is funny…and true   "One of the things you learn as a college president is that if an undergraduate is wearing a tie and jacket on Thursday afternoon at three o'clock, there are two possibilities. One is that they're looking for a job and have an interview; the other is that they are an as$----. This was the latter case, ” Summers said at the conference. "Rarely, have I encountered such swagger, and I tried to respond in kind."

6. Smokey Row Milkshake.

Best. Shake. In. Des Moines. Hands. Down.
Old school choclate milkshake with a shot of espresso, a crapton of coolwhip and a cherry.

7. We saw U2 in concert at TCF Bank Stadium in Minnesota!!! It was so amazing.


More to come on that road trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment