8.07.2011

Puh-tato Po-taato

I got some red (new) potatoes in my most recent CSA box. I'm not a huge potato eater but everyone loves a little potato salad in the summer right?


I've been going through this thing where I'm trying to use what items I have on hand instead of buying random things from the grocery store.

Hence 2 completely made-up but sort of inspired by other stuff recipes....

First, I cleaned and quartered the potatoes and roasted them in the oven till they were sort of soft.

Then I split the batch into two separate bowls.

In the first bowl (left), I put in Lemonaise, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and chopped chives.

In the second bowl (right), I put in roasted garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and chopped basil.



Both worked well as sides for lunches and dinner all week. And I was able to use up some of the random herbs about to go bad in my fridge.

Do you know anyone who pronounces potato po-taato with the overemphasis on the 'a'?

I don't. But if I did I would totally make fun of them. Just like how I make fun of T for saying 'tour-nament' instead of 'tern-ament.' Crazy east-coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment