6.15.2011

Sundayish Seven

1. Cake Batter Smoothie- this is the first time I've ever had a green smoothie and it was super delicious. Who knew mixed greens, some protein powder and almond milk blended together could taste like cake batter? Thank you Mama Pea.

2. This kick ass white leather jacket I found on the clearance rack at Target. Luv.


 3. Overnight Oats- I've read about this on numerous food blogs but I was skeptical...cold oatmeal? Blech. But I gave it a go anyway with a simple recipe: 1/3 c oatmeal, 1/3 c almond milk, 1 banana, 1/3 c greek yogurt- then put in fridge overnight and eat cold in the morning topped with fruit, nuts, etc. I was blown away by the sweet creaminess of this oatmeal. Overnight the oats absorb all the milk and yogurt and the flavors of the banana. So delicious.

4. Jane Eyre- We selected this book as our summer read for book club. I don't mind classics but usually have a hard time getting through them and get lost in the language. Jane Eyre has been such a wonderful read. Charlotte Bronte's writing style is introspective, revealing and beautifully worded:

' Then her soul sat on her lips, and language flowed, from what source I cannot tell.' (p. 79)
'I remembered that hte real world was wide, and that a varied field of hopes and fears, of sensations and exciements, awaited those who had courage to go forth into its expanse to seek real knowledge of life amid its perils.' (p. 93)

I'm about a third of the way in and can't wait to see how it ends.

5. Free Limo Rides- In order to celebrate my friend Jacque's birthday, we had lunch at Castaway's Bar and Grill inside the Ramada. To make it fancy, they offer a free Limo ride!

Our lunch crew had more fun than sitting in the cafeteria. :)

6. Grilling Out- It's been awesome weather for grilling up a bunch of veggies and fresh chicken.


I munched on this stuff all week.

7. Music Mania- I got some new CDs this week (courtesy of my personal DJ, T) that need a whole post of their own. Great stuff. Also, Jason Walsmith of The Nadas is playing every Thursday at Saints by house. They're calling it 'School of Rock.'

Notice the studious looking tie and chalkboard printed with 'Mr. Walsmith.'

I realize this is waaaaaay late. I had a super busy weekend and I'm babysitting Monday through
Wednesday this week for my sister....more to come on that!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice lunch with the Limo! Love grilled asparagus.

    ReplyDelete