3.10.2013

Sunday Seven 3-10-2013

This has been my spot for the past couple of days.


It is gray and rainy and snowy and cold and wet here.
I'm even wearing grey clothing today.

BUT- all this inside time during the waning days of winter gives me some time to get caught up on all the quiet time things I love- knitting, movies, reading and writing!

1. Despite all this cold weather, I've been getting my run on:

Last Sunday, I did 2 runs- one early 6 miler with Deena



Then a slower 4 mile loop around the frozen lake with Roxy. 

I ended up with 23 miles last week.

This week, I ran my normal weekday runs.
A SUPER cold 4.5 on Thursday that froze tears on my face. 


A pretty decent 7.5 with my Saturday run girls


And another 5.5 mile mental run this afternoon in the run.
For a total of 25 miles.

These 30 mile weeks seem to keep eluding me...

2. I decided to join the HealthySELF challenge this month created by Lindsay @ TheLeanGreenBean and Elle @ Nutrionella. This week's challenges were:

Saturday, March 2nd - Spend time prepping food/snacks for the week
Monday, March 4th - Make a list of 20 things you're thankful for
Thursday, March 7th - Eat at least 3 food groups at each meal
Saturday, March 9th - Do a commercial break workout

I did some prepping on Sunday like I normally do for the week instead of on Saturday. 
I sort of forgot about this on Monday and made my 'thankful list' on Wednesday. There are BIG things I"m thankful for- T, family, Roxydog, great friends, basic needs met, Hope, that the rest of it just ended up being all frivolous but comfort things- my favorite comfy spot on the couch with tea and a book, boots and skinny jeans, handwritten notes, cookies, date nights. It was fun and reflective to make that list and I think I'll review it often.
I totally spaced Saturday's challenge...but I don't have commercials since I watch Netflix. HA

3. The day has come...a little earlier than I wanted...but it's here nonetheless. License restriction time

The line at the DOT. Just to get a number. To wait in another line. Ugh.
Let's just say it wasn't the best part of my day Saturday. 

But it's here. And I'm studying bus schedules and walking more. I guess I'll have to learn to plan a little better, eh?

4. And since I can't go anywhere, I guess that means I have a lot more time here at home. Which means I finally got caught up on what's in my Pocket:


5. I heard this song at the coffee shop yesterday and I shazammed it and then now I can't stop listening. 


Sorrow found me when I was young, 
Sorrow waited, sorrow won.
Sorrow that put me on the pills, 
It's in my honey it's in my milk.
Don't leave half a heart alone
On the water, 
Cover me in rag and bones, sympathy.
Cause I don't wanna get over you.
I don't wanna get over you.

Sorrows my body on the waves
Sorrows a girl inside my cave
I live in a city sorrow built
It's in my honey, it's in my milk.
Don't leave my half a heart alone, 
On the water, 
Cover me in rag and bones, sympathy.
Cause I don't wanna get over you.
I don't wanna get over you.

Don't leave my half a heart alone, 
On the water, 
Cover me in rag and bones, sympathy.

Cause I don't wanna get over you.

I don't wanna get over you.

(From:  http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/the_national/)

Why are sad songs always the best?

6. I'm late to the party on this I'm sure, but Dads are the original hipsters makes me laugh so hard. I will have to find and scan a picture of my dad back in his days of full beard and coaching shorts early 80's polyester style. He still rocks a kick-ass Ron Swanson-esque mustache. Because he can. 


As evidenced in this picture of him from Christmas circa 2010. Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting it. Love you Dad. :)

7. I watched both of these movies today. Both good. In bizarre and awkward ways that make movies real and good.
Tiny Furniture
If you need advice on all the best movies you didn't know you were missing, check out this guest post from my buddy Dannette
I can't wait to see The Place Beyond the Pines. Most because I think Ryan Gosling plays those sad, emotional trainwreck types perfectly. (Hello, Blue Valentine?)

What's been going on in your world this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment