3.01.2013

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

I've gotten completely out of my morning Five Minute Friday routine.
I used to meet with some girls EARLY for coffee and #shereadstruth on Fridays but it became impossible with our schedules.
So now I sleep in, leisurely work out and you get Five Minute Friday at night.
Sorry, folks.

If you are new to Five Minute Friday #FMF, here's the dealio:
  • Lisa Jo picks a word
  • Writers everywhere write for 5 minutes on that word
  • No editing
  • Link back to Lisa Jo's blog 
  • Read everyone else's posts and share the love!
Today's word...

ORDINARY

I've never considered myself ordinary.
In fact, I strive to be anything but ordinary.
I want to look different, have different interests. Anything to make me unique. As long as I can remember, I've been unique. Or found ways to have that something that just stands out. I'm not a particularly 'look at me' type of person, I just like knowing there is no one out there in the world like me.

But so many things are ordinary. Jobs. Going to the grocery store. Houses. Being an adult.
As I plan to enter a marriage this fall, I think a lot about what it means to have a 'regular' relationship, an ordinary relationship, if you will. I've had so many messed-up relationships, that of all things in my life- I sort of wish my relationship could be a little ordinary. No drama. No fighting. Just be.

And it is, a little bit ordinary.
But in so many amazing and perfect ways- it's not. The way I operate with my future husband and the life we create together will always be OUR life. Not fitting a mold. Not following a rule. It's going to be a happy, love-filled, messy, forever union.
In fact, it will be anything but ordinary.
Just the way I like it.


That was an interesting word to write about.
Lotta deep thinking happening in my head these days...


What do you think of when you hear the word 'ordinary'? Do you consider yourself unique? What is your favorite EXTRAordinary trait?

Give Five Minute Friday a go and link up over at Gypsy Mama!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your happy, love-filled, messy, forever union in the fall! :) I'm a pretty ordinary person, not a lot of uniqueness but just enough to keep me interesting (at least to myself). Glad I stopped by from FMF.
    ~Sarah from http://sudryandspecific.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm looking forward to it.
      Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Praying you have an extraordinary marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I didn't see this yesterday, but next week, I definitely want to play. You are anything but ordinary, Nicole. Always remember that.

    ReplyDelete