1.04.2013

Five Minute Friday: Opportunity

TGIF Friends!
Five Minute Friday with Lisa Jo Baker is back for the New Year!

This is a little writing exercise in which I write for 5 straight minutes on one word. No editing, no stopping. It's a great way to work on writing skills and also hone in on what specific words mean in your life. We link up at Lisa Jo's blog and spend a little time reading what others wrote. I love reading the different perspectives.

So here goes.
Today's word is....

OPPORTUNITY

I have opportunity everyday.
Opportunity to learn more. Opportunity to meet people. Opportunity to do various things.
I actually think of work when I hear this word. It's used a lot in the corporate world. Not a mistake, a learning opportunity. Not a new position, a job opportunity. Often it is used to turning something negative into something positive.
I prefer to use it differently.
I see each day as an opportunity to be my best self. Seeing as we are within a week of the new year, this is a perfect word to describe me right now. I'm waking each day looking forward to the opportunities that will come into my life this year. For me, opportunity is almost synonymous with chance. Each day is a chance to do the right thing. To be a better person. To try again. To love more. To give more. To do more.

So there you go.
Obviously I'm a little out of practice with this...HA.

What do you think of when you hear the word OPPORTUNITY? Share in the comments below or if you blog- put a link to your post and don't forget to link up with Lisa Jo!
Happy Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Didn't seem out of practice to me!! Love this perspective- we SHOULD see every day as an opportunity and I know that God desires for us to be the best version of ourselves. We SHOULD seek that. Thanks for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be a reminder. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I come from the five minute Friday.
    I agree that every opportunity is a chance to be better and to be more. I guess people just tend to overlook it sometimes. ☺

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! I think we all could use a little remunde occasionally. Thanks for visiting- hope you come back!

      Delete
  3. The opportunity to do the right thing ... I love your perspective!
    Thanks for sharing your heart. BTW: Didn't seem like you were out of practice at all.
    Blessings.
    http://hopeannfaith.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/5-minute-friday-is-back-with-an-opportunity-to-write/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I read your post- I thought of Matthew 7:7 too- great verse for opportunity!

      Delete
  4. I might have to link up to this hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should- so much goodness in FMF. And a late night twitter party I hear. :)

      Delete
  5. Opportunity and chance, that is what life is about. Enjoyed your post today!

    ReplyDelete