1.25.2013

Five Minute Friday: Again

My favorite way to end the week and start my Friday- Five Minute Friday!!



Here's the rules:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Today's word: AGAIN

Start again.
Begin again.
Do it again.
my life has been a series of 'agains'. How many times have I started something only to stop and start it again? How many times have I been in circumstances I didn't like, only to escape and reinvent myself again? 
Even now, as my life is in a good place and I'm finally starting to figure out who I am- I still start again- a book, a project, a friendship. And even though my life is happy and good and content, that rhythm of escaping and reinventing again is something I'm so familiar with and find myself missing occasionally. What would it be like to go somewhere and start again? New friends, new jobs, new interests. 
No matter how many times I've become a newer version of me, I'm pretty much always the same. I'm that girl who likes lists, needs a lot of hugs, tries really hard to do her best and is un-admittedly sensitive. I'm that girl that loves music, can't sing, but dreams of being a badass drummer. I'm that girl that is simultaneously tattoo'd and conservative. I'm this girl. This me girl. 
So when life throws a curve again, (because it always does happen), I know now that no matter where I end up or how my circumstances land- I'll always end up just being the same old me.
Nic Marie. 

That went a whole different way than I thought it would.
All I could think about at first is the scene from 'The Cutting Edge' where they keep practicing their finale over and over and the coach keeps saying 'Again!'
HA!

What do you think of when you hear the word 'again'? Have you reinvented yourself numerous times only to find that you never really do change? :)

Give FMF a go and link up over at Lisa Jo's  Blog!

7 comments:

  1. Hey there, visiting from FMF- I couldn't help but think of myself in younger days- there was this thought that would haunt me frequently- "What if I kept on driving?" That was my escape, my chance to re-invent myself again and again. Because of course, that led on down the path... "well, what if?" and then the imagination took over. lol Thanks for this today, you kicked my imagination back into gear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as people, we have that curiousity- that inclination to wander- to reinvent again and again. Glad you liked my post!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we change and yet, we're still the same. Maybe change isn't the right word, maybe it's grow. I like the Nic Marie I'm getting to know. And that's funny, I haven't thought of that movie in forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- we morph and grow, shed old parts and grow new. I'm glad you are getting to know me too!
      I used to LOVE that movie back in the day.

      Delete