10.07.2012

Influence Conference: Getting to know you Pt. I

Hey y'all.
In less than 2 hours I'll be running my first marathon.
Freaking. Out.
Repeat- Freaking. Out.

But since I'm up early waiting for my coffee to kick in, I thought I'd try to catch up on this blog series by ThisHealthyEndeavor.com.

What's the #1 played song in your IPod?

Right now- that is 'The Way It Was' by The Killers. Their new album 'Battleborn' is AWESOME.

Of all time... The song is probably 'Relentless' by Audrey Sessions. Check it out!

If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?

I have to answer this in 2 parts:
Personally- I'd love to have a year to organize my pictures from the past couple years- scrapbook, create albums, etc. I've done some amazing stuff but haven't had time to get it together!
Professionally- I'd like to find my 'spot.' Currently, I work for a large financial services firm and I'm finding that my current role is not my passion- I LOVE people and seeing them thrive. I'd like to find something using my skills that also empowers people. In short, I'd like to change the world. :)

What story does your family always tell about you?

Well... Stuff too embarrassing to post?? :)
I'm a pretty horrible driver... So there is usually a story about me speeding or running into something. But they are all LIES. Ha!

The best part of waking up?

COFFEE. And the quiet stillness of the day before the world is awake.

What is your favorite part of the day/day of the week/month of the year?

I LOVE mornings.
Seriously. LOVE.
I like to get up, grab my coffee (1st of many!), get in a good run or workout, a sunrise walk with Roxy, and then do my #shereadstruth devotion for the day while eating breakfast. I get up around 4:30-5 and don't go to work until 9-9:30. I love my morning time that much. If I could- I'd have even longer mornings.

As for day of the week, it's a toss up depending on the activities planned. Sunday's are great for baking, church, and relaxing.

As for time of the year, I think I share most everyone else's sentiment- I heart Autumn. It makes me happy in my heart, warms my soul. There is something achingly familiar and comforting about fall. I always want to cook and do other domestic things. We spent yesterday driving the race route- fall in Minneapolis is GORGEOUS. Gt ready for a lot of foliage pics.


I gotta get my gear on and get racing soon- ahhhhh!!! Hope to post the next round soon. I'm really looking forward to meeting do many amazing women at the Influence Conference in less than a week!

Happy Marathon Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Run well. Run swiftly. Run with endurance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernadette! It was a great race!! And a BIG weekend for me. :)

      Delete