9.14.2011

Wednesday 9 9-14-11

Well I was a big blob of blah on Sunday so I'm making up for it with a couple extra this week:

1. Eating Plants. Well I'm on week #2 of being vegan. I've had 2 cheese encounters so far...one on purpose (who can avoid an Oreo ball?) and one unplanned (I didn't realize my falafel sandwich would have cheese on it) but other than that, I've been solid. I have noticed that I started eating more bread-y items lately in an effort to feel full...so I'm nipping that in the bud. The idea was to go plant-based and it takes more planning than I thought- but I still feel really good.

2. Small Group. Each fall my church has a 'semester' of small groups. Everyone signs up with a group of people that you get together with each week to talk through the sermons, life and do service projects together. It's a great way to get to know people and to grow as a Christian. Last week, I started meeting on Wednesday nights with a group of people and I am loving it!! The group is really...inspirational and real and honest. We met tonight for the second time and the conversation was so fitting....

3. In relation to #2, remember this day that I was having? Today I read these verses and they fit perfectly into my mind set:

'Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.' - Colossians 3:23-24

It just sort of made me think about my job and why I work and what is the ultimate purpose. My job provides me a life that a lot of people don't even have an option to have. I might not be saving the world every day but I am still helping people. I guess what I'm saying is...It's still important and I am thankful for it.

4. And...recently a new opportunity has presented itself to me and I'm pretty excited about that...but trying not to get too excited.

5. Fall. It is officially fall. I had to wear a jacket today. I got to smell coffee brewing, the smell mixing with the smell of fresh morning and decaying leaves. It's the best.

6. Mondays. I can't believe the most hated day of all made my list. But sometimes you have a weekend where you just end up ready for a new start to the week. This week I was thankful that Monday-morning-back-to-work feeling.

7. Creative Duality. I wrote two random poems recently.

#1

I could live in that warm soft place with you
Where the darkness meets the light
And sleep meets the waking

My body curled up to the back of yours
A perfect S

Our breath hot and quiet in unison
The occasional sign as we sink closer together

I could live in that warm soft place with you
Where night meets day
And dreams meet reality

Our legs and feet tangled together
My arm wound tight around you bringing us close

The quiet morning hours

I could live in that warm soft place with you

#2

I'm here
Tethered tight to your heart
Watching you fly and flit so close

Never completely linked

I could waste away in this daydream with you

I hold tight

I see you suffocate
Reach beyond

Fly away my love

Your twin forever separated

Sort of different....right?? HA. Apparently I was in quite different moods the days I wrote these. But isn't all writing about love gained or dwindling? :)

8. I finally finished the last Harry Potter book. I'm so stoked that I made it all the way through them in about 6 weeks. I'm SO EXCITED about seeing the last movie too. Should be a great flick!!

9. My friend sent me this quote the other day and I think it's profound and important advice:

I've learned it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong.  -Leo Rosten

It reminds in some ways to not be selfish...it's easy to say 'that's not my problem' when dealing with others woes but only true caring and gentle people are those that reach out and provide strength and love to others.


So that was a random mix of stuff this week....what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment