4.13.2014

Sunday 7: I'm Alive

Looking at my last post, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on the blog sharing. Over 2 months in fact. How’s that for consistency? 
Hmpf.

I could say I’ve been insanely busy (I have), and that I’ve been working a lot (I have) and that I just don’t have time (I don’t), but really- I haven’t been making writing a priority. At least not here.

I’ve been journaling my devotions most days and writing some other stuff here and there, but I haven’t been having a 2 hour coffee shop session a couple times a week and I really miss it. I’ve been to El Salvador and back, I’ve promoted with Arbonne, I ran the Cherry Blossom race in DC (bucket list!) and I’ve changed and grown and learned and thought and pondered and haven’t shared a single bit of that here. 
I will catch you up on ALL of those things. Soon. I promise.

But for today, here’s 7 things that are making me happy.
  1. THIS!! Making time in my schedule to pack up my laptop and throw on my golashes and spend a rainy hour on a Sunday writing. I’m back friends.
  2. SPRING. You guys- this winter was hard. Like, I spent countless hours being numbed by Netflix, eating snacks and outgrowing my sweatpants while the bitter cold and wind bore down outside. This was probably the most depressing winter I can remember for quite some time- for many reasons- and I spent a large chunk of the beginning of this year in a funk. Quite like the bulbs sprouting up out of the ground, I feel like I just woke up. And I’m ready to get back into life!
  3. EATING CLEAN CHALLENGE. Just last week I started a 28 day eating clean challenge with Arbonne. It is almost exactly like a Whole 30 – eliminating allergenic foods and focusing on lean protein and lots of fruits and veggies. Can I tell you that I feel like a million bucks? And I also already lost 4 lbs of winter layer? I’m always surprised at how quickly I can slide back into bad habits and the minute I stop I feel better. I am promising myself to REMEMBER that this time and just stick with it. Also, the camaraderie our little challenge group has is amazing. I love swapping recipes and tips with these ladies and hearing about how great they are feeling.
  4. EASTER. A week from today is Easter Sunday. I can hardly believe it’s here! I didn’t give up anything for Lent really, but I am doing a #lentchallenge to read the entire New Testament. It’s been trying. I’m a bit behind. But I’m committed to finishing. It’s been engaging and enlightening to read through the Gospels and about the growth of the early church and I’m learning so much. The Bible is full of so much wisdom and truth and I’m humbled every time I read it and learn something new. God is so good to us.
  5. 84 DEGREES. Yesterday it was 84 degrees. I had the moonroof open, windows down and I was sweating. It was glorious. Enough said.
  6. RUNNING. I just ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler last weekend. This weekend I got in about 10 miles between Saturday and Sunday. 2 weeks from now is the 1st Half- Marathon of the year and I am just stoked it’s racing season. Training has begun!
  7. COOKING. I’ve been absent in the kitchen for awhile. I’ve made a lot of omelets, salads and mix of healthy take out items or meals of hummus and veggies these past few months. I’ve also ate out quite a bit. Doing this challenge has pulled me back into the kitchen and I’m loving it. I went grocery shopping this weekend and made some delicious and nutritious meals for lunch. I can’t wait till the farmer’s market starts next month and I can really start experimenting.

Speaking of cooking…tonight I’m making T and I Quinoa Power Bowls with grilled chicken- a challenge recipe that mixes quinoa with various veggies such as kale, carrots, garlic and tomatoes  and topped with grilled chicken. Look for a picture on IG. You know how I like to take pictures of my food. J


How have you been? What have I missed in your life? 
What’s your favorite thing about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment