1.26.2014

Sunday 7 1-26-14

I haven't done a Sunday 7 since October. Eeek.
January is almost over and we are in a new year. So much is changing and so much is the same. Either way, I have things to share. 

1. I feel it's important to mention this first because it's a big deal. I've made a pretty big decision about my future working self and it involves a lot less corporate and a lot more of being my own boss. I don't have all the details figured out yet, but I have made a goal to get out of the corporate rat race by the end of the year. It's going to be a lot of work and a lot of dedication, but I'm ready. It's time. (This article is cheering me on)


2. I've been working out a lot. Trying to get back up to 30 mile weeks and lifting 2-3 times a week. This means I'm spending a lot of time at the Y and getting up early. It's hard getting up in the dark to workout, but every. single. time. I'm glad I did.



3. It's January. For most of us, that means resolutions of some sort. I've been sticking to my 100 day challenge. I've missed 1 day so far and I don't plan on missing any more. It's been a dark winter and I'm still pulling myself out of the muck on a daily basis, but having intention and purpose helps.

4. I've been reading a lot. I have read 3 books so far this month and I'm currently in the process of reading 3 more. I don't know how to read one book at once, I like a variety. I highly recommend 'We Are Water' by Wally Lamb. Next up for me is Elizabeth Gilbert's latest. 

5. Movies. T and I have seen some good movies so far this year. American Hustle on our annual New Year's Day movie date and just this last week we saw Her. It is bizarre and beautiful. I love the cinematography and the story. Before you think it is a weird movie about a guy in love with his phone, go see it. The message is so much deeper. 

Post movie discussions at the brew pub
6. I'm leaving the country. In about 3 weeks I'll be spending a week in El Salvador with a group of people from my church. I'm nervous and excited and nervous and REALLY EXCITED. This is my first trip out of the country and my first mission trip. I also just got my first passport. So. many. firsts. If you think of it, pray for safe travels and open minds. I've had a little bit of weird anxiety dreams about this trip. Thanks friends.


7. Roxy is a senior citizen. My pup turned 8 this week. Which is really 56 in dog years which means she gets early bird specials and discounted movie tickets. Really, she just remains being the best heater/snuggler ever as evidenced by this sleepy Saturday afternoon nap picture. 


What have you been up to lately? Did you make any goals for 2014? How is your progress?

2 comments:

  1. Making big decisions about the future can be incredibly scary and daunting but its great that you know where you want to end up. I tend to read more than one book at a time too. Will definitely be sending good thoughts for safe travels and an amazing trip abroad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! I'm excited and nervous and excited and nervous about all the things happening right now. I appreciate the good thoughts! :)

      Delete