11.20.2013

Just a Latte

You guys.

It's already November 20th. Where has the month GONE?

In just a week and a day, I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. We'll spend the day eating, talking and reflecting on all the abundance we have in our lives.

My family and I were fortunate enough to be born into a country and a circumstance where AIDS barely touches us.

Personally, I don't know a single person living with HIV/AIDS.

Remember the Bible story of the man with leprosy who was healed by Jesus?
History tells us that people with leprosy were treated terribly. They were often ostracized from society and forced to live in 'colonies' separate from everyone else.
They were not given treatment or helped to heal. They were shunned and often considered 'unclean' and filled with sin because of the disease inhabiting their bodies.

Image Source

I think about when HIV was first discovered and how similar the ignorance was (and in some places still is). I think about how people living with HIV/AIDS must feel. I think about how hard it must be to sustain a living and take care of themselves while fighting a terrible disease.
I keep thinking about those ladies in this video.
I think about what it must have been like for them before Heko was able to minister to them.

And then?
I think about how Jesus healed that man with leprosy.
I think about how Heko is healing those beautiful women.
Healing their bodies with treatments, education and healthy nourishment.
Healing their hearts with hope, love and understanding.

Image Source

And then?
I think about how this little campaign I'm doing is making a difference.
I think about the impact MochaClub is having on the people of Africa.
I think about how small sacrifices made my me, my family and my friends are transforming the lives of 25 women.

HEKO
Image from MochaClub
Would you join me?

On Thursday, November 21st, I'm giving up my daily latte and putting those funds to my purpose project. 



Being the numbers geek that I am, I did the math on this project:

$1000 supports 25 women for a year. 

That's $40 per woman per year. Break that down even further?

It costs less than $4 a month to provide HIV/AIDS health care and education to one women through Heko.

For less than the cost of a latte, I can change a woman's life for an ENTIRE MONTH.

Would you join me in donating $5 to my MochaClub purpose project on Thursday, November 21st?


Little sacrifices. Big Impact.
It doesn't take a lot.
Just a latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment