10.23.2013

When You Just Want Something Creamy (16/31)

I had been craving Mac'n'cheese for days.
Not the boxed kind.
The gooey, creamy, rich, french restaurant-y kind. (I know mac'n'cheese is not French but some of the best ones I've had are from from French restaurants. I don't know either. )



Last year, I created a vegan Mac'n'cheese with butternut squash and it was pretty tasty. I've been trying to eliminate soy (tofu) from my diet and I'm eating cheese (sometimes). I needed to create the creamy factor.

Enter Raw Goat's Milk Cheddar.



Yep. Pretty much the best invention ever.
Add roasted butternut squash and Gluten-free pasta and your creamy delicious dreams come true.


Comfort Creamy Mac'n'Cheese
2-3 cups roasted butternut squash
1/2 box pasta (your choice)
non-dairy milk
Raw goat's milk cheddar, about 1 cup shredded
fresh ground salt and pepper

I roasted the squash the day before and just warmed it up in the oven until it was nice and hot and mushy. then I pureed it in the Ninja with a little almond milk.
I cooked my pasta until the noodles were thick and soft. I drained them and gave them a good rinse.
Back into the pot went a tab of butter, noodles, and then the squash mix. I stirred until it was all coated, then added the cheese and kept stirring until it was melty and creamy. 


Top it with some salt and pepper and ta-da!
This definitely hit the spot. I don't know what it is about cooler weather that makes me crave something hot and soothing for dinner. Must be how the #winterlayer starts...

Here's my rating:

Creaminess: 5
Cheesiness: 5
Deliciousness: 5

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looks muy delicioso! I will have to try this sometime... thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete