10.11.2013

Settling In (9/31)

Today was a big day.

I got a bed.

I have been sleeping on an air mattress for about a week.

The place I moved into has a pretty tiny bedroom. I had a queen sized bed that was really old and sunken so it was time for something new.

My bedroom view from my favorite chair


T bought me a little gray suede futon that folds down into a perfect sized bed for me. It’s great for the size of the room and it’s nice to know I have some extra seating area.

This little place of mine is starting got feel like home. I’m almost done painting and all the boxes are slowly disappearing. It feels good to settle in.

Roxydog enjoying a sunny spot. 


When I lived at the condo, it was nice and I really liked the space, but it never felt truly like home. I knew it was temporary. But I didn’t really know what my next step was.

This new place is temporary too, I won’t stay here forever.
And truthfully, I don’t know what my next step is here either.
I feel different though.
At peace here.
Like the deicison to move into this little apartment with no dishwashwer and no garbage disposal  was a good one.*
Here’s to a year of fun in the S.Hill cottage.


*I had to bring it up again. I like to cook and the no garbage disposal or dishwasher thing is sort of a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment