12.29.2012

Christmas 2012


I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone.
But I'm just not done reveling in the wonders of the most beautiful of holidays...
 
A delightful holiday treat at one of my favorite local coffee shops, Mars Cafe.

I cannot get enough of Songza Holiday Cocktail Party classics

Lunch break tree shopping

My favorite vintage Christmas find this year

City lights 

A snuggly Christmas puppy

My thrifted Nativity scene

Tree decorating





One of possibly 17 cookies Lucy snuck at our annual cookie bake



Lucy's partner in crime, Jack


Our master cookie decorators, Alayna, Emma & Kody

Where the storytelling gene comes from <3

 
Making Grandma's recipes- Pecan Tassies

Christmas at Dads

Reindeer Cheese

Present Chaos

'O Christmas Tree'

Momma's boy

Cousin Matt & Jocelyn

<3

The Schmitt ladies doing what they do best

Looking lovely of course!

 

These two love each other so much

Obviously taking pictures is not the men's strong suit

Morton Family Strata for Christmas Brunch

Eggnog. Yum.

Candlelight Service

Ring my bell

Home is where the heart is

Sugar

First snowfall

White out
 
Festive Fashion

Twinkle
 
His and Hers
 

 
 Christmas Day!!
 
 
 
 
We had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I love spending time with family- laughing, cooking, eating, baking, playing games and giving gifts. I love taking time to think over what this holiday is all about. We read Luke 2 numerous times in our Advent reading plan and during the church sermons. One verse really stuck out to me:
 
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19
 
 
This excerpt came from my journal on Christmas:
 
This verse makes me think about what God has in store for us in 2013. In this part of the story, Mary is hearing all the good news her new baby boy is bringing- the proclamation of his amazing future. I think about the blessings just starting in my life and what the future holds for me...if these blessings are just a glimpse into an amazing life in store for me. Thank you baby Jesus for all you've given me. I'm taking these blessings and pondering them in my heart.
 
 
Happy Birthday Jesus. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment