3.20.2012

Sunday Seven 3/18/12

Top of the Morning to ya!!
Anybody have a wee too much fun this weekend?
(That's my horrible Irish accent...what can I say? I'm German. :))
We had a relaxed day but did get into the St Patty's spirit!


A lot of people loved T's green Nikes. He does too.

I had a few days off last weekend and spent a lot of time eating, drinking and SLEEPING. It was rough. I'm not used to that much downtime!! My sweatpants got waaaayyyy too much use.
Also, it was National Procrastinator's week...so it seems appropriate I didn't do anything, even blog. :)

Trying to get back to a regular schedule AND deal with daylight savings time this week was a little difficult.
Luckily it was a short week and I had a relaxing weekend to help me prep for the full week of work coming up!!

1. It's well known that I LOVE my city and this video just makes me laugh knowingly. Especially since I know one of the local baristos in it!

2. I also love this video from Gotye. It's artsy and unique and the song is fantastic.

3. Speaking of music, I've been loving the Fun. album. 'We Are Young' is a great song and makes me think of summer and parties and having no cares. Perfect music for this warm weather we've been having!

4. In fact, it was 83 degrees today in Des Moines. It's been in the high 70s and low 80s for almost a week. This is NOT normal for our climate, but I'm not complaining! It's gorgeous! The weathermen are getting really excited about the records being set too.

5. The mystery behind recycling pizza boxes now solved.

6. Dam to Dam 2012 registration opened this week!! I signed up for the 20K for the 4th year in a row. I'm pumped.

7. And it's official:


My marathon training shirt came in the mail!! I'm excited and nervous. I have a couple races coming up to prepare for the longer distance. Hope I'm ready!!

Workouts:
3/5-Resistance training, 3 mile run @ 28:56 on the treadmill, 3 mile walk @ 51:45
3/6- Kickboxing
3/7- Run 5.25mi @48:54
3/8- Kickboxing
3/9- rest
3/10- lazy
3/11- lazier
3/12- Run 3.01 mi @ 27:05
3/13- Ran 2 and walked 1 with Roxy- she wasn't feeling a run 35:52
3/14- Resistance Training
3/15- 5.32 mi @54:49
3/16- Resistance Training
3/17- 5.40 mi @ 53:22 (includes warmup and cool down)
3/18- biked to and from church downtown- ~10 miles

What have you been up to? Do you enjoy any spring break time and relaxation?

2 comments:

  1. You are SO INSPIRING! I didn't know you were running the twin cities marathon! I wish my friend Lisa (from Lisa's Yarns, do you read her?) was going to be at home that weekend (she lives there) because she's a runner and loves meeting up with others! She might be running the DSM marathon and I'm going to be out of town that weekend (Vegas, wooop, woop!) and I know she's gonna need buddies! If you're running it in October I'll let her know!

    Hope you've been doing well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It does sound like we have lots in common. I am kind of envious of the fact that you are running the TC marathon. It is SUCH a great course. It's funny because we are basically doing a marathon city swap - you are running Twin Cities, I am running Des Moines! I haven't signed up yet, but will this week. We will have to meet up when I come down there for the race if you are around. Unfortunatley I'll be gone the weekend of the TC marathon. :( I mean, I will be gone for a friend's wedding, so it's for a fun reason, but I am sad to miss marathon weekend!!

    ReplyDelete